Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Kerry

On the way down to Kerry yesterday, we decided to break up the journey by stopping at a playground we often see but have never been in. It is on the Kerry side of Abbeyfeale. It is very compact but as you can see Shona had loads of fun :)

We stopped off at the Cottage to say hi to Pappa Bud, then headed off again while the weather was still dry. We usually go to the stoney beach (aka Cromane) but this time we drove by the beach and headed to the fishing area, where the famous Cromane Mussels come from. The journey down was really bumpy but great fun.




It is a small area with no pier, loads of small boats and machinery sitting around. There was a huge artic being filled with mussels, heading to Holland. We got out and explored the area, with the fishermans eyes on us, I'm sure no one in their right mind would be down this far unless they had to. Being two city girls it was fun for us to see a part of Irish life we wouldn't see every day. Mind you I think it is worth it as the view is amazing!



Shona was very accomondating witht he camera, mind you she didn't know half the time I was taking photos as I had a zoom lens. This shot below, I think she was on her way over to give out, LOL!
We had such a laugh, just walking and talking (and me shooting). I've been so busy for the last few weeks that it is wonderful just to slow down, breath in the sea air and really appreciate what is around you :)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Hiya Eva

I love following your work on the scrapwest blog, but managed to hunt you down via your cyber class to say , wow Im in total awe of your work, and what a beautiful daughter you have - such a perfect subject to scrap. I have been inspired by your gorgeous LO's using lots of doodling to have a go myself - just printing the piccie as we speak. Thanks for being a great inspiration.

bye for now

Rachel

aka turtlestres (on the many forums I frequent!)

Rachel said...

Hiya Eva

only me again - hope I dont look like a stalker!?!

I have been browsing throu your fab blog - great piccies and work shown.

I am hoping to seek your permission to scraplift your "focus on the photo" LO on the scrapwest blog. Please please please - its just totally gorgeous
many thanks in advance xxx

Jan said...

Hey Eva, Gald to see u and shona having fun. absolutely love ur photo's.

Rachel said...

Hiya Eva, tis me again teehee!. Ive now completed my LO thanks to your inspiration and its available on my blog. Ive linked your blog to mine (hope thats ok) if not I shall remove. Many thanks once again

bye for now

love Rach x

gertie (aka aine) said...

eva,
i feel so refreshed just reading about your trip. the pics are great, the fresh clean air is just oozing out of them!!
shona is getting so grown up by the way!

Audrey said...

Great photos, especially love the tractor - those colours are so vibrant!